Business Development Manager
The National market leader in Christmas and All Year Round Experiences requires an experienced, organised and enthusiastic Business Development Manager to join their team.
- Excellent communicator with superb presentation and influencing skills
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Creative flair and design awareness
- Marketing and strategic skills
- Exceptional negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Customer centric and ability to build strong and long-lasting customer relationships. Previous experience in serving high end client/s is highly regarded
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Proactively source new business opportunities across Australia and New Zealand
- Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Build strong relationships with key decision makers across the Shopping Centre industry, commercial property venues and councils
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the organization
- Develop sponsorship / brand integration opportunities for our Experiences
- Liaise, support, and effectively collaborate with internal colleagues to meet and exceed customer needs
Bespoke Production Manager
Reporting directly to the Production Director, in a fast paced production team. This is a unique and exciting opportunity. Working with high-end clients nationally, this role offers a great environment, plenty of variety and good prospects. The position is based in the Sydney head office and is a full-time role.
Your overall responsibility will be to manage the Production of a select number of key projects and ensure they are delivered beyond our client’s expectations. Each project needs to meet safety and engineering guidelines plus achieve budget and timeline parameters.
A trade background in construction/metal fabrication industry is considered advantageous.
This is a contract role however has potential to transform into a full-time opportunity.
- Excellent level of Production experience in the event / entertainment / exhibition / construction industry
- Superior knowledge of construction for temporary and permanent installations in public spaces
- A hands-on understanding of how jobs get built / assembled with safety as your number one priority
- Have worked closely with logistics to understand and achieve timelines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills allied to the ability to form quality business relationships and relate well at all levels.
- Flexible with regards to work hours during our peak season (October – January)
- Work closely with the Creative Department to bring concepts to life.
- Ensure the correct translation of the creative concept to the manufacturer.
- Communicate with suppliers and conduct factory visits when possible.
- Generate prototypes from renders with minimal working drawings.
- Source and engage a pool of contract production houses to facilitate manufacture in Australia
- A high awareness of WH&S and the engineering process is essential.
We are looking for an experienced industrial designer to join our agile but ambitious creative team in a full-time capacity, working from our Botany headquarters. The candidate will be an accomplished, qualified industrial designer with at least 8 years’ experience in delivering large scale projects from concept through to delivery.
- Proven record of accomplishment within a relevant creative team
- Strong background in Industrial design and delivering concepts
- Ideally, have a solid in-depth understanding and experience working within one or more of the following business industries: large-scale events, exhibition design, Hospitality design, Experiential environments or the business of Christmas Experiences
- Extremely organised with a high attention to detail and can produce high quality work under tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced and fun workplace
- Flexible with regard to work hours throughout the year, especially during the busy October – December period
- Solidworks & Keyshot is a must as well as skills using photoshop & illustrator
- Contribute and add value to Christmas installations & environments that deliver JOY to our clients’ communities
- Take on major projects as the design lead, from leading conceptual development, to managing modelling, specification and technical outputs
- Support other design leads and the greater team on research methodologies and/or design precedents for new briefs
- Produce block/concept/sketch models of the design vision during conceptual stages, in order to bring client briefs to life
- Produce detailed production drawings and specification packs of our design solutions ready for manufacture
- Produce 3D renders of the design solution for client concept presentations
- A thorough understanding of manufacturing processes and techniques with the ability to 3D model for manufacture (DMF)
Chas Clarkson has an opportunity to join our Production team and experience a vibrant working environment. The role is multifaceted due to the seasonal nature of the Christmas & All-Year-Round large scale activations. Chas Clarkson is a national organisation with a Head Office based in Mascot, and State offices in Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Strong English communication skills required
- International trade experience required
- Highly organised with excellent planning and administration skills
- Experience with Sage Evolution software or similar
- Good level of experience within the purchasing /buying field
- Formulation of Purchase orders with our Local and Overseas suppliers
- Acquiring quotations from Local and Overseas suppliers
- Product specifications and data entry into inventory system
- Update product costs in the inventory system
- Administration of Fleet Vehicle accounts
- General office administration duties
- Supplier Liaison and relationship maintenance
- Annually you will assist the administration of the stocktake and inventory levels
- Supplier negotiation on annual and individual pricing