- WORK WITH US
Chas Clarkson is proudly Australia’s leading full service, commercial Christmas decoration and illumination company. We are recognised as the market leader in Christmas decorations for commercial spaces such as shopping centres and city centres. We continue to achieve high growth and deliver unrivalled consumer experiences and we are always on the lookout for new talent…whether Project Management, Design, Production, Operations or Logistics.
We value our staff and reward them appropriately with a highly attractive salary package and a range of benefits.
If you think you have what it takes to help us develop our business, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like the full Job Description, please contact email@example.com or simply send us your cover letter and CV.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director a unique and exciting opportunity exists to join Chas Clarkson, the market leader in Seasonal Event Design & Illumination. Working with high-end Clients nationally, there is enormous scope for creative potential.
You will be the driving force of creativity, responsible for the team, ensuring they are working to client briefs to deliver exemplary work on schedule and within budget.
You will be able to roll your sleeves up and lead from the front. 3D spatial creative design will be second nature to you. You’ll possess a keen eye for detail and a sound knowledge of production design. As an extremely organised individual you’ll possess excellent time management skills and will know the ingredients to a successful creative campaign with demonstrable experience in such projects.
A successful track record in a similar position in the display / events / exhibition or other related industry will be highly regarded.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the Creative Department team to maximise their potential plus recruit, coach and mentor to achieve the desired results.
- Oversee concept development
- Oversee as well as create concept illustrations for Client presentations
- Attend and present major Client presentations.
- Oversee project design development and be able to identify and resolve potential production or design challenges.
- Develop design specifications and ensure various Australian standards are adhered to.
- Quality Control in the production phase.
- Oversee the creation of product specification documents and instruction manuals.
- Involvement with high end first time on-site project installations.
- Manage product development and lead the product & innovation team.
- Ensure that the Creative Department is continually kept abreast of trends relevant to the business in both design and technique.
- Part of the Leadership team that steers the company on strategic and operational matters
- Undertake other reasonable duties as defined by the Managing Director.
Candidate Requirements & Core Competencies:
- Proven track record managing a Design Team
- Sound experience with Design software (Autocad, Solidworks, CS Suite, Iindesign etc.)
- Technical knowledge of set, prop construction and lighting
- Experience liaising with high level clients and key stake holders.
- Good communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- A high level of business acumen
- Highly organised with excellent planning skills
- An expert in experiential concept development
- Team player with the ability to lead, motivate and inspire.
- Willing and available to work outside of normal working hours during our Installation period Mid-October to Mid-January.
Bespoke Production Admin Coordinator Role
Chas Clarkson is the national market leader in seasonal event design and illumination, creating magical and memorable experiences for our clients. We’re looking for an organised and hardworking Project Administration Assistant to join our Sydney Head Office.
Reporting directly to the Project Director, this is a unique and exciting opportunity. Working with high-end clients nationally, this role offers a great team environment, job variety and good future prospects. The position is based in the Sydney head office at Mascot and the role is full time with an immediate start.
The successful candidate will exemplify our core values:
- Do it with passion
- Be supportive
- Think outside the tree
- Get it done
- Have fun with it
If successful, you will be welcomed into an established company that celebrates 126 years of service in 2018. Australian owned and operated, Chas Clarkson have earned an outstanding reputation for quality, customer service and contemporary design. Our clientele includes premier shopping centres, hotels, casinos and airports throughout the country.
Your overall responsibility will be to manage Production for our bespoke client projects and to ensure they are delivered beyond the expectations of our client's objectives, meet safety guidelines, and achieve budget and timeline parameters.
A successful track record in a similar position in the entertainment / events / exhibition or other related industry is required, with sound Technical, Carpentry & Construction knowledge.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the Sydney Head Office Production team
- Maintaining/updating the job schedule on Smartsheet and working closely with the Production crew depending on that information
- Working with the project managers and keeping the workflow up to date with and changes that come through
- Work closely with the Creative team to bring concepts to life
- Inputting all the relevant information into Smartsheet
- Being proficient in the Chas Quoting System
- Assisting with job cost checking
- Looking after the job posting process
- Looking after the job workflows – approvals – declines process in season
- Assist the production lead to bring various costs together from suppliers for various projects
- Cross checking time sheets to job numbers
- Working closely with purchasing re invoicing/PO sign off
- Good communicator both verbal & written
- Highly organised with good planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to operate highly autonomously when required, but to also operate as a team player sharing information and accepting input.
- Leadership qualities – Confidence in leading, motivating and inspiring team throughout the various stages of projects.
- Quick learner and high attention to detail
- Sound level of IT literacy.
- Entry level administration & support experience in the event / entertainment industry
- Be able to multi-task and manage various projects simultaneously, with a high attention to detail
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to form quality business relationships and relate well at all levels
- Sound computer skills with good knowledge of MS Office programs, especially excel
- Excellent presentation
- Team player and great people skills
- Looking for long term employment
- Full NSW driver’s license
- Flexible with regard to work hours during October – January (Install & Dismantle season)
We value our staff and reward them appropriately with a highly attractive salary package and range of benefits.
Please email your application (resume and brief cover letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org